The word count for a page will vary depending on font size and type, margin size, and spacing elements (single/double space, blank lines, subheadings, graphics).
For a page with 1 inch margins, 12 point Times New Roman font, and minimal spacing elements, a good rule of thumb is 500 words for a single spaced page and 250 words for a double spaced page. Using this as an example, a 3-4 page double spaced paper is 750-1000 words, and a 7 page double spaced paper would be 1750 words.
Assignments often specify a research paper or essay length in terms of words, rather than pages - a paper of 750-1000 words or a paper of 1500-1750 words. This way a student's paper will still meet their instructor's length expectations, regardless of varying font size, margin size, or use spacing elements.
When viewing an electronic version of a student paper in MicroSoft Word, the exact word count can be easily determined. Some research assignments require students to include the word count of their paper.
Also, clarify with your instructor whether the words on the title page, abstract (if used), and reference list count toward the expected word/page count.
Writing a 500 word essay would seem a difficult task. However, let us tell you something: negative attitude towards the task assigned can only cause a failure. Take it easy and be optimistic about the forthcoming work! Besides, our tips for writing 500 word essays will facilitate your work.
What is a 500 word descriptive essay about?
Well, actually it is a typical essay. It is a three-part paper that aims to provide vivid descriptions of some object, event, or phenomenon in details. You can achieve this purpose by comparing things or presenting certain associations with the object under description.
Click here to visit professional custom essay writing service!
How long is a 500 word essay?
Double space, Times New Roman 12 is pretty much universal, in college anyway. Typed, 500 words is about a page and a half. You need to ask about going over the word count because it depends on the instructor.
How to write a 500 word essay?
Usually, 500 word essays consist of the following parts:
- Introduction that includes your thesis statement for the topic of your choice or given to you. Spend some time on choosing the right topic. If the topic is given to you, think of ways to make it interesting. Generally, a broad topic is given to students. You have to think about sub topics and then identify the relevant thesis statement.
- Body. In this part of the 500 word essay, you have to:
- Arouse emotions and feelings in the reader by using some original approach;
- Share your feelings about the object/event/phenomenon with the reader;
- Present key images; ◦ Help the reader feel as if he/she is taking part in the scenes you are describing.
- Conclusion . Close your paper with a 50 word conclusion. The essay conclusion must summarize and restate only the most notable ideas discussed in the body. Do not introduce a fresh point in the conclusion.
When you prepare for your 500 word essay, put yourself in the reader’s shoes. Think out of the box. Research material is of paramount importance. The authenticity of information would give your essay some clout. If you have referenced from reliable sources, say it and refer to it. This would generate more interest and add credibility. Always look for essay help from sources you are familiar with or are sure are genuine sources of information.
Follow these essay tips and you would have enough reason to believe that your next 500 word essay would become a reference for future students.
Need assistance with writing your 500 word essay? Try essay help here!