Related:trapper hats, baker boy hat, thermal long sleeve, paperboy hat, newsboy hat black
- The "Evie Bronze" Baker boy hat by the it-label Isabel Marant convinces with French retro charme! The model is made of cotton in France and got a loose crown as well as a classic short cap that rounds up the silhouette and turns the hat into a real trendpiece. An absolute must-have for fashion lovers! 100% cotton dry clean Made in France
- Eugenia Kim's light grey cashmere felt Elyse newsboy cap is finished at the front with a tonal fixed calf hair band. Synonymous with pairing unique trims with luxe materials, the innovative designer crafted this style in her New York atelier. Flat crown. 2\"/5cm brim, 21\"/53cm circumference (approximately). Lined with satin. Grosgrain ribbon sweatband. Available in Light Grey. 100% cashmere. Band: 100% dyed calf hair. Spot clean. Made in U.S. Calf hair country of origin: Italy.
- The hat of the '60s and '70s thanks to style icons Jane Birkin and Brigitte Bardot, the traditional baker boy cap is making a comeback with Bella Hadid and Emily Ratajkowski both championing the trend. Isabel Marant's 'Evie' version is made from soft canvas and lined in breathable cotton to prevent static. Style yours with a low bun or loose waves. Shown here with: Madewell T-shirt, MICHAEL Michael Kors Coat, Saskia Diez Earrings.. Black cotton-canvas.. 100% cotton; lining: 100% cotton.. Spot clean.. Made in France.
- Eugenia Kim's Marina newsboy cap is crafted of blue cotton denim and accented at the front with a woven denim-and-silvertone-chain detail. This signature style is made in the award-winning designer's New York studio. Flat crown. 2\"/5cm brim, 21\"/53cm circumference (approximately). Lined. Grosgrain ribbon sweatband. Available in Blue. 100% cotton. Spot clean. Made in U.S.
- Maison Michel gives the classic baker boy style a lift with this New Abby cap. It's deftly created in Italy from a soft-touch suede, detailed with subtle buttons on either side, and finished with a felt lining. Wear it with your favourite knits on mild days.
- Hat by Sacred Hawk, Tops things off nicely, Flat top, Curved peak, Embellished trim, More is definitely more, Exclusive to ASOS, You heard it here first. Sacred Hawk channels its love of all things 70s and 90s into its accessories and apparel. Both badass and on-trend, its belts, rings and floral dresses combine innovative materials, romantic shapes and a grungy aesthetic.
- Baker boy caps are one of the season's favorite accessories. Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner and Blake Lively are all fans. Isabel Marant's version has been made in France from sky-blue cotton-canvas with a face-framing structured peak. We think it's a chic way to tackle second-day hair. Shown here with: Isabel Marant Étoile Sweater, Dion Lee Shirt, Isabel Marant Étoile Skirt, Dinosaur Designs Earrings, Sansoeurs Earrings.. Sky-blue cotton-canvas.. 100% cotton.. Spot clean.. Made in France.
- Hat by Sacred Hawk, All-over snake print, Go wild, Flat top, Curved peak, Button detail, Exclusive to ASOS. Sacred Hawk channels its love of all things 70s and 90s into its accessories and apparel. Both badass and on-trend, its belts, rings and floral dresses combine innovative materials, romantic shapes and a grungy aesthetic.
- Old World inspiration meets modern style in this updated newsboy cap featuring a cool faux leather belt. Style Name:Brixton Montreal Cap. Style Number: 5368500. Available in stores.
Want more ideas? Try:
- Hat by Monki, Tops things off nicely, Flat top, Studded trim, Curved peak. If you're all for personality and expression then Monki is the one for you. Known for its street-style-meets-Scandi-chic design and super-fun story-based store concepts, Monki grabs bold, brash colours and a whole lot of prints and patterns before playing them out across a collection of 90s crop tops, bodycon dresses and skinny jeans.
- Hat by Stradivarius, Check design, It's never been so hip to be square, Flat top, Curved peak. Launched back in 1994 with its iconic treble clef logo, Spanish label Stradivarius' line of clothing, footwear and accessories moves to its own beat. Influenced by developing international trends, the brand's selection of denim, jersey and tailored separates helps future-proof your wardrobe. For the finishing touches, choose from sock boots, blanket scarves and hats.
- Isabel Marant Étoile’s Spring/Summer ‘18 collection was ‘positioned for everyday life, the weekend, comfortable clothing, easy to wear, without too much fuss but a bit of style’ as the designer puts it. This multicolour cotton and linen plaid baker boy hat features a check print and a visor. Gender: Female. Age Group: Adult. Material: Linen/Flax/Cotton.
- Denim newsboy cap with beaded trim Brim, 2.25" Diamter, 7.5" Cotton Imported. Dir Accessories - Fashion Soft Accessories. Karl Lagerfeld. Color: Denim.
The newsboy cap or newsy cap is a casual-wear cap similar in style to the flat cap. Sometimes also referred to as the: Baker Boy, Bandit Cap, Apple Cap, Eight Piece Cap, Eight Panel, Cabbie, Jay Gatsby (from The Great Gatsby), Fisherman's Cap, Pageboy, Applejack Hat, Lundberg Stetson, Chiz Hat and the Poor Boy Cap.
It has the same overall shape and stiff peak in front as a flat cap, but the body of the cap is rounder, fuller, and paneled with a button on top, and often with a button attaching the front to the brim (as the flat cap sometimes has).
The style was popular in Europe and North America in the late 19th and early 20th centuries among both boys and adult men. As the name suggests, it is now associated with newspaper boys. This gives rise to a misunderstanding. It is true that many newspaper boys and other working boys wore flat caps along with other styles. This style was not, however, worn only by boys.
Flat caps were very common for North American and European men and boys of all classes during the early 20th century and were almost universal during the 1910s-20s, particularly among the working 'lower' classes. A great many photographs of the period show these caps worn not only by newsboys, but by dockworkers, high steel workers, shipwrights, costermongers, farmers, beggars (such as Oliver Twist), bandits, artisans, and tradesmen of many types. This is also well attested in novels and films of this period and just after.
While they were worn by boys and men of all social classes, they were worn by the 'upper' classes primarily for leisure activities, and the style became associated with well-to-do country sportsmen, drivers and wealthy golfers.
Although traditionally a men's cap, it has recently seen a resurgence as it has become popular with affluent women and fashion houses in the 2000s. It has also become popular among the hipster subculture. Baker boy hats are now seen in many high street retailers. For summer, many girls and women are choosing soft cotton options as the brim offers sun protection. In winter, wool blend baker boy hats are a popular option for those who want to wear a natural material. In 2011, floral cottons are the current trend following a renewed interest in home sewing.
Roots Canada outfitted the Canadian Olympic team at the 1998 Winter Olympic Games in Nagano, Japan. The outfit's most popular item was the red "poorboy" cap (or poor boy cap) worn backwards. These caps became fashionable and were seen on celebrities such as Prince William and P. Diddy.
Brian Johnson of AC/DC is frequently photographed wearing this style of hat.
David Beckham is frequently photographed wearing his signature Baker Boy style hat from James Lock & Co.
- Boys' flat caps Historical Boys' Clothing website. American Newsie caps were one of many names for the flat cap.